Saturday, April 4, 2009

DIY Hamlet for kids



Beautifully done. And so simple. From the creator's website:

"An 8-minute, animated short for kids, adapted from Shakespeare’s play. This film has been shown in film festivals around the world, including Chicago International Children’s Film Festival, Redcat Film Fest, Nashville Independent Film Festival, Toronto Images Festival, the Boston Museum of Art, Brooklyn Academy of Music, and more. I made this film in three weeks in 2001 for a high school project."

6 comments:

  1. 1,000 thank yous for this animated short! We are taking our 9-yr-old to see the play. This was a great primer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there, I'm the creator of that short. Glad you enjoyed it!
    -Anya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I like how you put a little bit of comedy in it as well as the real story of Hamlet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I teach my fourth graders Hamlet every year and this is by far better than my messy explanation of the plot. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete